Thursday, October 06, 2005
- It's all gone Pete Tong - there's lot of bad language in it, but there's a couple of scene's that you might be able to use if you wanted to talk about the addictive effects of coke...chapter 5 and 22. It involves a giant badger.
- Starsky and Hutch - I seem to remember that Hutch dabbed with some drugs
- Zoolander - I think there's a bit about two thirds through the movie when Matilda gets high and does all kinds of crazy things. I'll have to dig out the tape to see if it's relevant.
- I just remembered that I have a copy of Traffic on my self...it's been there for about a year...
- Found this lesson on a YFC site: Talking donkey drugs lession
- Gaging the UK's drugs use
- http://www.hopeuk.org/ have some teaching material that looks at it from a Christian point of view...I think there are some leaflets on there too.
- Spring Harvest have some small leaflets called big issues that look at drugs and other issues
Books / articles
- Ascension: Clubs, Drugs and the eternal high by Cameron Dante, Craig Borlase
- A Christian perspective on drug education
- Watched this last night...not a brilliant film, it does however show how been off your head can cause you to get into difficult situations...this guy called Mitch ends up nearly shooting someone after doing some LSD (he didn't realise). The film seems to suggest that it messed his brain up big time...not just for the short term, but that there will be long term consequences.
Speaking of consequences...
- What would are the consequences for the individual, friends, society as a whole? What research is there available?
Local drugs projects
- Call the Cambridge Centre in Scarborough...see if they have any new leaflets / info they have. Maybe there's something new to report...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]