Sunday, October 02, 2005
- Childline have an information sheets on Pregnancy & contraception (click to download)
- They also have a publication called 'I can't belive it's happened to me...' by Gill Keep. It's 'A Childline study on teenage pregnancy'. I think I'll order it.
- I just noticed that Bristol Crisis Service for Women are running a series of one day workshops this month entitled 'Working with people who self-injure'. Dates are 6, 7th, 17th and 25th Oct. I wouldn't have minded going, but I guess it's too late now...
- Just watched the film Gossip. I'm thinking of using a clip from 4 mins 30 sec - 25 mins (from the start of the film). The film is a 15 and includes a few sexual references, but that's probably ok for our group as they are older. The basic idea is that the characters start a rumour to see how it spreads. The clip covers the beginning, middle and end. It shows how the initial rumour changes to be quite different to the original....
- I also watched It's all gone Pete Tong. Very entertaining...and funny (in a dark sort of way) just don't watch it if you object to the 'f' word. It does, however, explorer the very real paradox of those who love music and are deaf. I don't think this is a film that came be used as an analogy / intro to a talk, as the language is too strong, it full of drugs and sex etc....it would need editing. It does however have lots of cracking tunes in it...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]