Tuesday, January 31, 2006
I've been thinking about doing a session on fear / worry as a follow up to my post on What are you worried about?. Here are some ideas:
Quiz / game
- Phobia quiz. See http://www.phobialist.com/
- Signs - there is a scene about half way through the film where the alien is captured on a video. There are loads of kids there and the scream and panic...
- If I remember correctly, at the start of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indy falls in the a pit of snakes...which is where he get's his fear of snakes from
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/videonation/category/fears/ has a load of different video clips about different peoples fears...
- Matthew 8:25-27 Jesus commands the wind and sea
- Matthew 10:27-29 (TM)"Don't be bluffed into silence by the threats of bullies. There's nothing they can do to your soul, your core being. Save your fear for God, who holds your entire life--body and soul--in his hands."
- Hebrews 13:5-7 (CEV) "Don't fall in love with money. Be satisfied with what you have. The Lord has promised that he will not leave us or desert us. 6That should make you feel like saying, "The Lord helps me! Why should I be afraid of what people can do to me?" "
- John 14:27 "I give you peace, the kind of peace that only I can give. It isn't like the peace that this world can give. So don't be worried or afraid."
- Psalm 56:3 "When I am afraid, I will trust in you"
Labels: Video clip ideas
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]