Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Life after school - outline
I've just been thinking about the up and coming talk "life after school":
- Billy Elliot - Billy comes home to find a letter on the table telling him whether or not he's go in to the collage. You could follow this through to where he leaves on the bus etc.
- Post cards - start with by inviting them to pick a post card (I've got about 50 different postcards) that they "connect with"
- How do you feel about moving on?
- What things have you enjoyed the most about school?
- What will you miss?
- Ask those who left last year to share their experience
- What opportunities does this give you?
- Some people like the idea of been able to "start over". You could "re-invent" yourself...in a good way, or a bad way.
- What are you looking forward to?
- You are all going have more freedom...
- You'll be out and about more
- Some of you will be moving away in September
- How will that effect your relationship with your parents?
- Privacy? Finances? Cooking?
- Who will you look to for support?
- What new expectations do you think society expects from you?
- Look at what it means to have a "mature" or "adult" faith. Whilst researching this, I found this website http://www.lwml.org/quarterly/f00/bible_study/milk_meat.html. I reckon you could use this as a good outline. Note the verses:
Stuff to consider
- Where does grieving come into this?
- Is there an equivalent to the book It's Your Move?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]