Thursday, April 06, 2006
Some ideas for "next terms" Think it thru and FOCUS topics
We had an interesting discussion last night...I think it would be interesting to specifically look at some of the following issues next term:
- How do we know if God exists? What do people say? What do we think? What difference does it make? Can we prove it one way or another?
- How do we know that God is in control? What does it mean "God is in control"? If God is in control then why does bad stuff happen to good people?
- How do we know that the Bible is true?
- Reasons to believe...
- Where is God when life gets tough?
- Why Christianity? Why not some other faith? After all, aren't they all the same?
I'm thinking that we should present several different points of view, both secular and Christian. I've recently been listening to Phil Fernandes, and a lot of his stuff connects with some of this. See http://server.firefighters.org/fernandes.asp and his sermon audio page
Other stuff I've listened in the past month or so that might help:
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]