Friday, June 30, 2006
Stuck on you - talk ideas based on video clips
Watched Stuck on you a couple of weeks ago. It's about two men who were born physically connected together or "conjoined". It's themes include: prejudice, ambition, dreams, team work, self esteem, body image. Here are some bits that might be used as video clips:
- Scene 2 (2 min 20 - 6:30). In this scene Bob and Walt are in their burger bar serving customers. They must make the food within 180 seconds or the customer gets it for free - a good example of team work. Also in these scene Rocket splits a drink at the customer goes off on one. He says something like "keep the freaks in the back" - so they throw the customer out. You could use that to talk about prejudice.
- Scene 3 (10 mins - 18 mins). Walt does his annual performance in town. At the end he tells Bob about his dream to become a real actor - dreams etc.
- Scene 7 (27 min 48 - 34 mins). Bob and Walt meet Meryl Strep - they are fans. Could you use this to talk about idols?
- Scene 8 (34 min - 43 min 30). Walt arranges for Bob to meet this woman, May, who he's been talking to on the internet for months and months. The problem is that when Bob finds out he's not very happy. This is because he has not told May that he is Conjoined to Walt. In one scene he basically says that he's "ashamed" of who he is. You could use this to talk about body image, self esteem etc.
- Scene 15 (1 hour 20). May turns up and tells Bob she doesn't care about been conjoined - she loves him as she is. Despite this, Bob and Walt still go ahead with an operation to get separated.
Labels: Video clip ideas
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]