Sunday, July 09, 2006
Bring it on - film clip ideas
Here are some ideas for clips from the film Bring it on:
- Scene 1 (up to 2 mins 30). The film starts with the Toro's singing (copied from imdb.com) :
I'm bitchin', great hair, / The boys all love to stare, / I'm wanted, I'm hot, / I'm everything you're not, / I'm pretty, I'm cool, / I dominate the school, / Who am I? Just guess, / Guys wanna touch my chest, / I'm rockin', I smile, / And many think I'm vile, / I'm flyin', I jump, / You can look but don't you hump, / Whoo / I'm major, I roar, / I swear I'm not a whore, / We cheer and we lead, / We act like we're on speed, / You hate us 'cause we're beautiful, / Well we don't like you either, / We're cheerleaders, / We are cheerleaders. /Roll call...
- At the end of this, Torrance's top falls down (you can't see anything)...she's stood in front of a crowd....
- You might be able to use this scene to talk about popularity...or maybe embarrassing moments
- Scene 3 (8 mins 50 - 11 mins). A new boy joins that class - two lads basically try to poke fun at him by calling him a looser, however Cliff kind of holds his own, Make be you could use this to talk about acceptance / rejection or something like that
- Scene 4 (11 mins 50) - Scene 5 (19 mins). The team are interviewing for new people to join the squad. Missy comes along to sign up...the other people on the team act like they don't like her because of the way she looks, however, she is a very good gymnast and in fact probably the best person for the job...some on the team object but Torrance (the captain) overrules them. Again you could use this to talk about popularity, rejection, acceptance, first appearances, jealousy, fitting in etc.
- Scene 5 (19 mins - 24 mins). The new team are practicing their new routine when Missy points out that it's actually ripped off from some other team. This throws the whole team into disarray. What should they do? Use the stolen routine? Come up with something of their own but risk loosing? It covers all those kind of moral dilemmas - is it better to loose doing the right thing that win my cheating? Lying / cheating etc. etc.
- Scene 6 (24 mins 30 - 26 mins 30). Things are going bad...Torrance asks the question "do you believe in curses". She thinks she may be cursed...look at all the bad things that have happened...superstition etc...
- Scene 10 (46 mins - 58 mins). Embarrassment....crisis...nightmare...they go to the Tournament only to find out that someone else is doing their exact same routine...but the still go on and do it!
- Scene 10 (1 hour 5 mins 50 - 1 hour 8 mins 50). Torrance goes to see the Clovers (the team that they stole the routine from at the start) to give them some money. This to make it possible for them to attend the national championship competition....talk about justice, guilt, charity...
- Scene 15 (1 hour 11) - Scene 18 (1 hour 27ish). Winning / loosing / competition. They get through to the finals...they come second, but that's good!
Labels: Video clip ideas
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]