Tuesday, October 10, 2006
The Pacifier - talk ideas
I watched The Pacifier last week - quite funny, it's a bit like a cross between School of Rock and Kindergarten Cop. Here are some scenes that could be used to stimulate discussion:
- Chapter 5 (30 min - 31 mins 40). Seth is in a fight - 6 against 1. The Vice principle says that's a good thing! Use it to talk about bullying? The Vice also does some big talking and challenges Shane to a session on the mats.
- Chapter 6 (31 min 40 - 34 min 40). The children all have to wear these GPS style tags so Shane knows where they are. One of them flushes there tag down the toilet and Shane goes to get it. He ends up in the sewer covered in you know what. You could use this to talk about how committed you are...how far would you be willing to go for your cause / job...
- Chapter 7 (31 mins to 38 mins). The girls get bullied by the boys...the girls run and hide. Later in the film the girls have learnt to stand-up for themselves - see chapter 12 (1 hour 2 - 1 hour 3).
- Chapter 8 (39 min 25 - 44 mins 44). Two intruders break into the house...Shane fights them off. This could be used as an alternative clip for the fighting talk I did here.
- Chapter 11 (55 mins 10 - 49 mins 20). This has got to be the best scene in the whole movie. Basically, the vice principle, the "meminator", has been bullying Seth. As a result of this Shane challenges him to a fight (wrestling match). Anyway, basically Shane wins. Again, this could be an alternative to the fight talk, or maybe a talk about pride or similar.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]