Wednesday, October 04, 2006
RS Session 3 "Strike a light" - hidden talents
This session attempts to look at our qualities and talents. In addition to the published material we're going to show a clip from Bring it on in which Missy show's off her gymnastic talents. The clip can be found in chapter 4. Start the scene just after the line "I don't like wearing underwear". Finish just after the line "I'm overruling you". The Missy obviously has talent as she does everything she's asked to (back flips etc), however, this is not immediately apparent at the start of the clip...this is because she doesn't look like the kind of girl who would be into that stuff.
Other clips could include:
- the scene in Forest Gump where Forest discovers he has a talent for ping pong..."like a fish in water". There are other scenes that you could use...he discovers he can "run like the wind"
- the bit Water boy where he tackles some guy. See the clip reference in this talk I did here
- in Sister Act, there's a bit where the younger nun discovers she can sing
- School of Rock also has a scene where the Alacia goes to see Dewey (Mr S). She tells him she wants to sing...so she does...he says something like "nice horns"
- Billy Elliot the bit where he dances for his dad. If I remember right, the scene starts when his dad is returning home from the pub and they find the lights are on in the sports hall. It finishes when did dad tells him to go home.
- Happy Gilmore - an obvious one...Happy is a hockey player who discovers he has a talent for golf.
Alternatively, you could use some extreme sport type videos...there are some links here, but they are not that good:
Labels: Video clip ideas
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]