Thursday, December 07, 2006
Facts and figures on family life
Here are some stats from Facts and figures on family life:
- The marriage rate in the United Kingdom in 2000 was around the EU average, at 5.1 per 1,000 people
- 51% of all divorces occur in the first nine years of marriage10. If present trends continue, one in four children will experience divorce by the age of 16
- Between 1991 and 2001, the number of lone parent households rose by 21%
- It is predicted that by the year 2010, divorce, separation and re-partnering will be the norm
- The underage (under 16) conception rate in 2001 was eight conceptions per thousand girls aged 13-15.
- In 2000, 15% of boys aged 11 to 15 years used drugs in the last year compared with 13 % of girls, and 31% of males aged 16 to 19 years used drugs in the last year compared with 24% of females in the same age group.
- One in ten children in Great Britain aged 5-16 has a clinically recognised mental disorder
- About 9% of 1618 year olds around 161,000 young people - neither participate in education or training nor have a job
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]