Talk (friends - Toy Story II)
- To introduce tonight's subject, I thought we could watch a short clip from Toy Story II
- Has anybody seen it?
- It's a good film
to me it's really about one thing: friendship
- Something that is important to all of us.
- The bit we are going to watch is about 5 mins long
- If you haven't seen the film I'll tell you what's happened:
- About toys that come to life
- Their all friends
- And one of the toys, a cowboy call woody has been kidnapped by a toy collector
- All of Woody's friends of got together to save him
- [Clip: Toy story II]
- 58 mins - Buzz jumps out of the car - they have just come from the toy mart. "He's on
- 1 hr 5 mins: 1 min latter when the fake buzz says "Will somebody please
explain what's going on...your majesty..."
- Woody's friends risked their lives to rescue him
- The kind of friends I'm sure we all want
- And I hope that's the kind of friends we all want to be
- But the thing is, it does always work like that
- Some of us have lots of friends
- Some of us are always falling out
- Some of us maybe feel like we have no friends
- It can get us down
- I don't know how many of you have read from the Bible
- But it tells us that God wants to be our friend
- He thinks of us as "family"
- 1 John 3 P1318
"The Father [God] has loved us so much that we are called children
- John 15 13-14 P1085
"The greatest love a person can show is to die for his friends.
You are my friends if you do what I command you"
- Now it will soon be Easter - the time when we celebrate just that, dying for his
friends, you and me
- Matthew 11:28 P928
"Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and
I will give you rest"
- One of the great things about friends is been able to talk about stuff, to be honest.
God is away there
- I thought we could finish be praying for our friends using a prayer "tree"
- Print out this for picture and ask people write on names
the names of their friends at end of the branches
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates