Talk (Help! / Terminator 2)
- Bible readings / lots of paper hands / Pens / Blue tak / video!
- There are times in life were we all need a helping hand
- Maybe that's because life is getting on top of us
- Somebody is giving us a hard time
- Whatever the reason, help is always at hand...
- We're going to start by watching a clip from the film Terminator 2
- In this clip John Connor is been chased by two killing machines or
- One is there to help him, the other is trying to kill him
- He doesn't know which is which
- [Terminator 2 - start at 23 or 27]
- 23 - "He said he was going to the Galleria"
- 27 - T2000 looks at the silver dummy
- 32 - the truck exploded, wheel appears and they ride off
The middle bit
- In the clip we have just watched, John was running...he was scared and
- Have you ever been so frightened you wanted to run away?
- What's the most frightening thing that's ever happened to you?
- What would you have done if you were in John's situation...been chassed
to two men with guns?
- How would you get out of it?
- I'm guessing John was feeling pretty desperate and didn't know who to turn
- Fortunately Arnie came at the last moment and saved him...and carried him
- Sometimes that's what we need...someone to carry us through the hard times
- Who would you turn to if you needed help?
- Sometimes we're not sure who to turn to
The Bible bit
- The Bible tells us that God is always there
- Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you."
- It also says that when we live our lives for God he is always with us
- Matthew 28:20 TM "I'll always be with you as you do this, day after day,
right up to the end of the age"
- Other optional readings
- Luke 18:7-8 P1041 "God will always give what is right to his people who
cry to him [in prayer] night and day, and he will not be slow to answer
then. I tell you, God will help his people quickly"
- James 4:8 "Come near to God and God will come near to you"
- If this is true, then whatever our situation, we can always call on God
- Do you agree?
- Do you ever 'call on God'?
- Do you think it's fair on God to ignore him and only call on him
whenever we need something?
- We are going to finish by 'calling out to God' in prayer
- There are many things in the world and our lives that need help...a
- Take a 'hand' and I'd like you to spend a moment the write down something
that feel needs God's help
- If you want stick it up on the wall (door)
- [Hand out Hands!]
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2003 Nigel Coates
/ Jonathan Worthington