Talk (What does God think about me? / Planes, Trains and Automobiles)
Note this is a different version of
Having a Bad day
- Tonight we are going ask the question: what does God think of me?
- We’re going to start by watching a clip from Trains, planes and
- [Planes, trains and automobiles]
- 25 mins 0 sec They enter the bed room
- 27 mins 30 sec They are in bed
- 30 mins 30 sec Neil blows his top ‘screw you’
- 33 mins 0 sec He finishes his rant…with ‘it makes it so much more
interesting for the listener’
- 33 mins 50 sec ‘What you see is what you get’
The middle bit
- Neil told Del exactly what he thought about him…
- How would you feel if you we’re Del?
- Low / angry / upset / unsure / shocked
- Does it matter what other people think?
- Sometimes we say it doesn’t matter, but if we were honest it does…
- The Bible says that God doesn’t look at us the same way as other people
- 1 Sam 16:7
“…God does not see the same way people see. People look at the outside
of a person, but the Lord looks at the heart”
- What do you think that means?
- Some people pretend to be something they are not…but God can see through
- Why do people do that?
- help them to fit in…
- impress people
- To God none of those things matter
- God sees you as you really are, whether that’s good or bad
- If that’s true what does God think about us?
- What does he think about our behaviour?
- Our thoughts?
- The way we treat others?
- The Bible says that God sees us as we are…warts and all
- But despite that he still wants to get to know us in a real way…
- We’ve got some Bible readings that talk about this…
- [Hand out Bible readings]
- Take them away and look at them…
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2005 Nigel Coates and